Well, we were wrong about quite a bit tonight! From crackers to Catholics, we just spewed our stupidity out of our mouths like a drunk fratboy vomiting away his education.
1. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe was neither only the 18th Century or the 19th Century, he was both! Born in 1749, died in 1832. However, to what I was specifically wrong about, Faust wasn’t written in the 1700s but in the early 1800s! Goethe, commence sideeyeing the fuck out of us:
I’m also going to be eternally wrong when it comes to pronouncing his name. Because I pronounce it like it’s spelled, not like a damn Nazi!
2. Catholics being minorities in America.
The answer is yes!
Look at this smug bitch. He knows what’s up.
3. But we were wrong about oh so many more things! What’s a cracker barrel we asked ourselves! It seemed like a horrible way to transport crackers. Well it turns out that it’s not a thing, it’s an adjective!
4. Robin Wright Penn wasn’t in Encino Man. I actually don’t even really know who Robin Wright Penn is, now that I think about it.
In other Encino Man news, I was seriously flabbergasted to learn that Adam was right about there being a sequel to Encino Man. It was a made for TV movie called Encino Woman (1996). Listen to the description of this masterpiece:
After thawing, a young prehistoric woman, Lucy, gets herself taken care of by David, a young intern at a marketing firm. Working on a campaign ad for a cosmetics company, David becomes Mr. Bigshot when his protégé is chosen to be the model/spokeswoman for her animal personality.
5. Finally, Rice doesn’t kill birds. Snopes said so ( http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/birdrice.asp ). Now for the rest of my life I’m going to be able to laugh thinking about Adam in the middle of NYC scampering around, trying to prevent a flock of birds from eating some sweet, nourishing, life-giving rice.
- Animal Autopsy: Giraffe
- Inside Nature’s Giants: Racehorse
- Inside Nature’s Giants: Sperm Whale
- Inside Nature’s Giants: Leatherback Turtle
- Inside Nature’s Giants: Giant Squid
- Inside Nature’s Giants: Great White Shark
- Inside Nature’s Giants: Big Cats
i’m sure there are others out there but these are the one’s i’ve been saving to watch for myself. HEAVY WARNING FOR GORE, GUTS, BLOOD AND DEAD ANIMALS but worth the watch if that intrigues you!!
What were we wrong about this week? What aren’t we wrong about?
1. First of all, I need to apologize to Jon Hamm. I can only imagine what caused me to wrongfully remember him as a blonde in his 30 Rock appearance (except that I totally can’t, like wtf?), but wrongfully remember him as a blonde I did.
Look at them luscious blonde locks! Oy.
2. We talked a lot about Arkansas this episode, and it was probably all completely wrong. I won’t systematically go through it all, instead I’ll just give a brief rundown of the Natural State.
The name “Arkansas” is based on the French pronunciation (“Arcansas”) of an Quapaw word (“Akakaze”) meaning “land of the downriver people.” It is the 32nd most populous state, it is the 29th largest in square miles, it is the 34th most densely populated, and it was the 25th state of the Union.